Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Experience of Webpublishing Tools and Services


My first experience web and computer started years ago when I created an account in Windows Live Messenger. It opened the the first door of online communication for me and I have been using this tool since. However we don’t call it Messenger any more, but Skype. I use Skype to communicate with my family when I’m here in Linz and my friends who are away.
My experience of Facebook is as little as two days. This so called great means of communication did not interested me at all. But, still with the pressure of my friends, I opened an account on Facebook two years ago, however, I became aware of the fact that I was right in thinking that way and I closed  the account after two days of use. Another tool that I’m very active in and use as a mean of communication is E-mail. In my opinion, this tool is quite handy and I use it not only when I communicate with my friends who are away, but in official situations as well such as when I want to get in touch with official buildings and professors in my college.
Apart from that, I was closely following a website which was based on practises for students preparing to university entrance exam when I was in high school. After using this website, me, my friends and one our teachers decided to create and design such a website for students in our city. We did it and it was a success in the beginning, but as our exam was approaching, our focus went more on exam and we didn’t take care of it properly. But there are still a couple websites and forums that I follow and I’m interested in.
Another website that I’m recently in is LinkedIn. I created an account in this website, which is more or less similar to Facebook but is less crowded and based on business practises, with the reason of keep in touch with my managers and bosses that I worked with before and to be updated about what is happening in the world of business. For my computer course in my college, I had also a website that I created and designed last year covering  information and visual materias about myself, but although it was active a few months ago, it became inactive automatically recently.



No comments:

Post a Comment