Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Description of My E-Portfolio Concept, Digital Presentation of Skills and Competencies

When I had my first glance at the subject called "E-Portfolio", the first question came to my mind was the reason of its importance and popularity. Then, after some research about this subject, I realized the important point regarding e-Portfolios as UK's Experts on digital technology for education and research also point out as following;

"There has been increasing recent interest in the potential of e-learning tools and technologies to support more learner centred and personalised forms of learning, prompted in part by national strategies for e-learning and initiatives in favour of lifelong learning and personalised learning. These have all prompted interest in the benefits that e-portfolios may bring to personal development planning (PDP) and to 21st century models of learning, teaching and assessment."
Regarding my researches and popularity of e-portfolio in education and business life, it seems that e-portfolio is going to getting the attention of more people and be more popular in the future.

As for my e-portfolio for my home university, during my researches, I really got impressed by its importance in the modern life and thought about a more general E-portfolio (with some parts presented) about my studies in Linz. As design and plan of the website, I would either design a html website or use some softwares to create my e-portfolio environment. When making my research about e-portfolios and getting more about them, I, in fact, got an idea of designing my e-portfolio and a drew a scheme of it on a piece of paper, as showed below;

The Scheme of my E-portfolio
As can be seen from the scheme, I would design a website interface which is similar to regular websites and after having a good design and necessary tabs on my homepage, I would put a list of categories which elaborate on Austria, Ph-oöe, and especially my skills and competencies (with their sub-categories presented) such as;
  • Personal Competencies
  • Educational and Pedagogical Competencies
  • Social and Ethical Competenices
  • Cultural Competencies
I would support each of my category with necessary visual and audial aids such as photos and videos to make it more credible and dependable and I think these features are what make E-portfolio unique. To make my E-portfolio even more reliable, I would add another category called "Documents", through which the documents related with my studies and works can be monitored and observed in a concrete way. Apart from that, as a last category, I would add "Downloads" to give the observer the chance of getting the written form of my E-portfolio which, at the same time, is my CV.
Having considered all these facts, I think that one of the things that I will do for my future education and career would be having a E-portfolio.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment