Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Learning Contract


Topic: German Language

Purpose: learning the basics of that language, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and voicing, and listening and speaking.

Resources: 
  • Grammar: I need a website that either presents information about the subject or I can watch a video which is also about content.
  • Vocabulary: I need a website that supply me the vocabulary of that language through many interactive ways like puzzles, games, etc. instead of just listing out the words.
  • Pronunciation: I need another interactive website that let me hear the pronunciation of the word I want to learn (sometimes by just clicking on the word) and enable me to test the way I voice the words after recording my pronunciation and checking.
  • Listening: A website that provides me with listening activities through mp3s and podcasts according to my level is the what I need for this phase.
  • Speaking: I need a interactive speaking website that presents the opportunity to communicate with native speakers via either audial or audial and visual conversations to enhance speaking skills.
Strategy: 
       I would try to get enough information either by reading information or watching the interactive lessons on the websites like YouTube and practice my knowledge by using some tests and exercises presented on websites. I would try to learn vocabulary through different web-based activities which muck like doing on a paper, but most times more enjoyable than paper because of doing with a different tool. As for Pronunciation, I'd access to some websites either present me a text and I hear the pronunciation when I click on the word I wonder about or some other websites that instruct us first and check our pronunciation and voicing by checking whether it is similar or not. Listening is the lucky skill because there a lot of websites through which I would listen the texts and issues that I want regarding my level and do some exercise about it when listening. Lastly, there are some speaking clubs and friend finding websites that you can not only find the person who talk the language you are learning, but you can talk and see the person through the website  in a interactive way to practice your speaking as well. These are all the options that I can access and use to learn not German language, but any language.

Outcome Evaluation:
As I pointed out above, through exercises, games, puzzles, quizzes presented online, I can check and evaluate if and how much I have learned and on which points I should work more. Even it is not as much as Grammar and .vocabulary, this is the case also for skills as well. I can check my pronunciation and listening skills by listening directly from website for many times, moreover, in these websites, I can also record my sound and check the accuracy of my pronunciation in a further step. Because speaking is a skill that can be evaluated after a long-term process, I can ask for feedback from the people I'm having conversation with after some experience. Taking all these conditions into consideration, I think that I will be able to check the extend of my task I have completed and I will be able to judge the success and failure that I have arranged on my own and hundred percent I'm responsible for.

No comments:

Post a Comment